♥ more about my website ♥

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Term #3 - STANZA



definition:
a verse. a stanza is also compared to a paragraph of an essay. 
example: different color of highlight represents a new stanza
The tree has entered my hands,
The sap has ascended my arms,
The tree has grown in my breast-
Downward,
The branches grow out of me, like arms. 

Tree you are,
Moss you are,
You are violets with wind above them.
A child - so high - you are,
And all this is folly to the world.
significance:
a stanza helps the readers to understand the poem more by the writer trying to emphasize the content of the stanza, without mixing with other ideas. stanza is an ideal thing to do if we want the readers not to get bored with the everlasting poem and if we want them to involved into the poem, understand it with the time between stanzas.

No comments:

Post a Comment